Thursday, February 23, 2012

Obama and his voice


Alright. This is my first post about elections/Presidents/politics in the real world. I've seen quite a few Google+ comments about Obama, few of which are actually constructive. It scares me, honestly, to see the state of our political knowledge. I'm not implying that I know more than anyone else. In fact, I'm just as concerned about my political knowledge. However, I'm taking an economy 101 course to fill my course schedule and my instructor mentioned a term known as "rational ignorance". Essentially, it means that people tend to ignore things like politics because they don't have any actual investment. As in, they can't affect (directly) the world they are looking at, and so choose to ignore it. Douglas Adams classified this as an SEP (Somebody Else's Problem). Either way, I tend to believe that all this political stuff is fascinating, but when it comes down to the bones of the matter, all of this fighting and bickering and nonsense is just...tiring.

The inspiration of this post came from this particular video that was posted on YouTube. Take a quick peek, it'll put everything in context. So, I first saw this on Google+ and thought it was pretty cool. I'll be honest guys, I'm not a complete Obama fan. Hell, I'm not a complete Bush fan. See the rational ignorance thing connecting here? No? Alright, I'll put it this way: I like any candidate as long as they support my interests, and I don't have any interests. I mean, sure...school funding is great, taxes being low, wars ending etc. Once again though, it's just tiring. I want a job, stable home and all that. Which means that when I go through life, no matter who thinks they are the next leader of the free world because they finally screamed louder (lookin at you Gingrich). I operate in my personal life because Obama isn't going to give me money, nor anyone else. I'm aware of issues, I look at them rationally and I decide whether or not to participate dependent on whether I can affect the issue. If not, why stress?

That being said: Obama singing the blues for 20 seconds instead of constantly pouring over world issues is not going to affect the country or world in any foreseeable way. I don't know what grinds me more: the comments made like these or the fact that these people honestly thought that Obama singing here actually caused the world to burn more. Incoming rant, with caps and language. Skip if you must.

Rant:


I am fucking tired of these STUPID gorillas putting up quotes like "zomg obummer is singing?! i'm so glad he's partying hardcore while the world burns and gas goes to $6 a gallon!"  It's that bullshit right there which fucking PROVES that you are a complete moron. You're the person I walk down the street and see staring at a woman just a little too long. My GOD I'm sick and tired of the tirades that go on about how Romney is such a fucking angel, no no it's Ron Paul, no Gingrich and his 3 wives and babyface is the answer. All these fucking nitwits just keep fucking blathering about how Obama this, Obama that, Gingrich is a loser, no it's Romney who is the traitor. Screw this shit. I'm done. I'm going to look at these sons'o'bitches with my own fucking goggles from now on; Fox News, CBS, MSNBC  be damned. Finally, to fucking HELL with all these commenters on G+ or any other forum. Every one of your all's shit stinks, and I'm tired of smelling it.

Yet, in all that...there is a glimmer of hope. Comments (like below) are being said, and that means I'm not doomed to Glenn Beck fanaticism for the rest of my life. You can't tell whether he's Republican or Democrat, and that's a good thing.
 The problem with representative Democracy is that it is fallacious. Everyone gets the exact same vote, regardless of their ignorance. Obama takes office, does what anyone who cares to look at a history book KNOWS to be what is needed, and then, as expected, things get better. At the rate expected, no less. Of course there isn't really a way to spin that, if you hated Obama to start with, so what do you do? You lie. You spread lies. You repeat lies. May not even know that they are lies, if you just except everything anyone tells you, that supports what you had already decided to believe. Fact is, if you hate Obama, then you don't have the first clue what he has done while in office, what the alternatives to what he has done in office have historically meant, or both. You are what is wrong with this nation.
 Let the man sing, after all...he's just a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment